Thursday, October 23, 2014

Health

How are you feeling? Comment ça va? Cohmo[n] sah vah? 

Comment tu te sens? Cohmo[n] tseet so[n]? (If you were sick)


Are you well?  T'es bien? Tih bya[n]?


He is healthy.  Il est gaillard. Eel ih gahyahrd.


She is unwell. Elle sens pas bien. Ah so[n] pah bya[n]. 


She is sick. Elle est malade. Ah lih mahlahd.


Doctor  le docteur  luh dōktuhr


Nurse  la nurse  lah nurse

Medicine  la médecine lah medsin
Hospital   l' hôpital lopeetahl
I'm going to the doctor. Je suis gawn au docteur. Shuh gawn ō dōktuhr.

I'm going to get a shot.  Je suis gawn me met une shot.  Shuh gawn muhmet an shot.

You should go to the doctor. Tu devras aller au docteur.  Tsee duhvruh ahlih ō dōktuhr.
You should take your medicine. Tu devras prends ta médecine. Tsee duhvruh prawn tah medsin.

Take your medicine. Prends ta médecine, toi. Prawn tah medsin, twah.
I'm going to give the medicine to him. Je suis gawn le donner ça médecine. Shoo gawn luh donnih sah medsin.

I'm going to give the medicine to her. Je suis gawn la donner ça médecine. Shoo gawn lah donnih sah medsin.


Rest  reposér  rihpozih

Get some rest. Va te reposér. Vah tuh rihpozih. 

You should rest. Tu devras te reposér. Tsee duhvruh tuh rihpozih.

You need to sleep. Ta besoin dormir. Tah bihzwa[n] dormih.

I need to rest. Je suis besoin me reposér.  Shih bihzwa[n] muh rihpozih.

Drink a lot.  Boire un tas.  Bwahr a[n] tah
Let's drink some water. Allon boire d'leau.  Allo[n] bwahr dloe.

He is thirsty.  Il la soif.  Ee  la swahf.

I'm thirsty. J'ai soif. Shih swahf. 

He should drink more water.  Il devrait boire plus d'leau. Ee duhvruh / duhvrih bwahr ploo dlō.

Don't forget to drink some water. Oublie pas de boire d'leau. Oblay pah duh bwahr dloe.


Don't forget to take (along) your water.  Oublie pas devenir ton d'leau.  Oblay pah davneer to[n] dlō.


Some tea  du thé dzu tih

Soup la soupe lah soop
I don't feel well. Je me sens pas bien. shmuh so[n] pah bya[n]
I feel sick. Je me sens malade. shmuh so[n] mahlahd

My____ hurt(s). Mon_____fait mal. Mo(n)____fih mahl.

My arm hurts.   Mon bras fait mal.   mo[n] brah fih mahl

My heart hurts.  Mon coeur fait mal.   mo[n] cuhr fih mahl

intestines   les intestins   lih a[n] tah sta[n] 

Arm le bras luh brah

Back le dos luh dōh

Legs les jambes lih Ʒahm

Knees les genoux  lihzƷnoo

Neck le cou  luh coo

Head la tête lah teht

Hands les mains lih ma[n]

Feet les pieds lih pyih

No comments:

Post a Comment